cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my contract over now?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I received a text message from o2 this morning saying "here's some good news from O2. Your bill has automatically dropted. It's because you've paid off your phone." Does this mean my contract has ended and no more direct debits?

Also does that mean I can put in a pay and go simply and go ahead and use that now?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You can call cs and change to payg but if you don't you will still continue to pay your airtime bill. It's only the phone part of the bill that stops automatically.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You can call cs and change to payg but if you don't you will still continue to pay your airtime bill. It's only the phone part of the bill that stops automatically.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah right. Hey thanks for the info. I'll give them a ring now and get it sorted. I was just avoiding the process of wacting and having to go through all the details.

Thanks again.
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
No problem and good luck. You may find you get though quicker if you can call early morning.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I think you are right. I was on hold for a while. Now I'm trying live chat. Even that has given me several "busy" messages while I wait. Might pop to the o2 shop tomorrow and that way I'm face to face with someone.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got it sorted. I finally got through to a live chatter. My contract is ending tomorrow but I have been advised to not cancel any direct debits and wait for my final bill within 14 days from tomorrow and check to see if there is a credit on my account.
Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Got it sorted. I finally got through to a live chatter. My contract is ending tomorrow but I have been advised to not cancel any direct debits and wait for my final bill within 14 days from tomorrow and check to see if there is a credit on my account.

Yes that's correct. You must allow O2 to take all the outstanding monies remaining and we advise leaving a month for them to do that. You can cancel your DD when your bill is showing a zero balance

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Edited to add....keep checking via MyO2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I hate to throw a downer on you but trust me, call 202 or you will find your contract continuing on a monthly basis.....

Message 8 of 9

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Yes please double check by calling 202 as cancelling a contract on live chat won't work 9 times out of 10.! Even if they've assured you it's done, we get lots of ppl on here in a state because it's still running when they thought otherwise.

Let us know after you've called 202 what they say!

@Anonymous shout out in case you don't come back to check this thread.
Message 9 of 9