cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it true giff gaff is sapping the o2 service?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Accoring to the map my area BN32AB should have good indoor and outdoor coverage!... its been apalling for months and slowly declining, i now have "no service" 90% of the time indoors where i work, and occasional low unusable signal the rest of the time. i used to have full time service and be able to make and receive calls always. thats now history. i have to stand outside in the street to even get a low service.

I know many other o2 users having the same problem and the general concensus is giff gaff users are placing such a heavy load on the system that it has become too over loaded and week to work as it should and as it used to work!!

Im not the only O2 users wanting to get out of their contract and switch to a provider that has full signal still.

Whats the deal O2? why has the signal become so bad?

Why am i paying nearly £40 a month for such a bad service? its costing me work with constant missed calls!!

Chris

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
no local issues are showing at http://status.o2.co.uk have you spoken to o2 to discuss the issues?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Best conspiracy theory I've heard in a long time slight_smile
Most likely a mast issue or part of the upgrade programme. Have you checked the status checker for issues?

Edit: Just realised where your poscode is.... Known issue due a mast removal some time ago. There is a temp mast I believe in place....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
no local issues are showing at http://status.o2.co.uk have you spoken to o2 to discuss the issues?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I know many other o2 users having the same problem and the general concensus is giff gaff users are placing such a heavy load on the system that it has become too over loaded and week to work as it should and as it used to work!!

No no please no! slight_smile

The engineers will be doing some maintenance work there tomorrow 29th, with any luck that might help.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Tesco uses O2 as well. Why not blame them?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

So what you're saying is a high demand on the mask (thousands of those little giff gaffers talking to each other for free!!! all day and all night (and the tesco ites)) does not effect the signal in any way?

So a mask can take any amount of traffic no problem?? i find that hard to believe?

chris

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think O2 customers get priority - on giffgaff I didn't get 3G in work but on O2 I do.

Message 7 of 16

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I think O2 customers get priority - on giffgaff I didn't get 3G in work but on O2 I do.

I doubt that. I've had occasions where I've had no signal on a contract O2 phone but 3G on a giffgaff phone and my OH's PAYG O2 phone.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
They should get priority slight_smile
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Giffgaff is much cheaper for more service, that's true, however I wouldn't blame them for missing your calls.

Maybe you switch provider? I wouldn't recommend Three though as reception is much worse.

O2 has very good cover but in the middle of the highlands, we only could call with vodafone mobile phones ... so best to have a choice of a few.

Message 10 of 16