cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Switzerland in the Europe Zone (pay monthly)?

Daniel76
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I'm considering switching to O2 as I'm travelling a lot to Europe and want to find out if Switzerland is part of the Pay Monthly Europe Zone, i.e. would I be able to use 25GB of my data for free?

I found 3 links that contain that information. 2 say that it's included:

And 1 says that it's not:

I am not sure what to believe, can anyone confirm?
Thank you!

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148404 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28403 Solutions

@Daniel76 

Yes, included for monthly contracts.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 148404 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28403 Solutions

@Daniel76 

Yes, included for monthly contracts.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
  • 93810 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7011 Solutions

MI5
  • 148404 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28403 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Switzerland has always been in the EU zone

But only for monthly contracts, not payg.

Message 4 of 12

Daniel76
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you all!

Message 5 of 12

jonsie
  • 93810 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7011 Solutions

Well Switzerland hasn't been moved out of the EU but yes, agreed not for PAYG but that's an O2 business decision

Message 6 of 12

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38037 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1725 Solutions

Tagging @Kei-M_O2 to ask for the misleading info on PayMonthly Roaming in Switzerland to be added to the list for correction, viz:

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/roaming-in-europe specifically:

1000022492.png

Thanks!

Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 148404 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28403 Solutions

and Monaco

Message 8 of 12

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38037 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1725 Solutions

I guess if you can afford to go to Monaco, a few £ of roaming charges matter not. But yes, Monaco too, good catch @MI5 and for @Kei-M_O2 👍🏼

Message 9 of 12

Kei-M_O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 68 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks all,

Just to confirm Switzerland is included in our Europe Zone. We're looking to correct the page that states otherwise.

Message 10 of 12