cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Pay Monthly the biggest ripoff this century!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You pay for your service and the service is poor, low signal strength in many areas due to the service provider not building more masts to cover the same areas, due to the new higher frequency bands they are using.

DATA signal in my town (wrexham) is just diabolical it doesn't exist even in the town centre, if indeed it does exist then its so heavly congested through poor service provider upgrages that it might as well be none existent.

We are paying a premium price for a service that is less than substandard!!!!!!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If enough people complain and subsequently leave the network then voices may be heard. The big problem is that customer numbers are growing each quarter thus exasperating the issue.

Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
And to add to @jonsie comment the second issue is that all the networks are struggling.

However they also want to charge more for an ever worsening service.
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Couldn't agree more with this thread....we are all be ripped off by paying for a service we are not getting.

It is perfectly understandable that the network will fail sometimes and issues will need to be resolved however O2 seem to have a severe disinterest in resolving these issues.

I have personally asked O2 3 times now what their legal obligation is in providing a suitable level of service and the timescale in resolving signal issues but as yet, all have gone unanswered.

Message 13 of 18

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I can't see mast congestion being sorted whilst networks keep giving higher data limits, if anything it's encouraging more congestion.
Message 14 of 18

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
I can't see mast congestion being sorted whilst networks keep giving higher data limits, if anything it's encouraging more congestion.

Catch 22, no good having 20gb allowance if you can't use it Smiley Frustrated

Message 15 of 18

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys, I have obtained a little info on this. Sorry to hear about the issues in the area!

"Sorry, we are currently experiencing high demand for service in this Wrexham area but we will be upgrading the equipment on the mast to improve capacity. The planned work will happen next week and may result in intermittent service for a few hours while the work takes place. Subject to completion and successful testing, the upgrade will mean a better experience when using your mobile device for all customers.”
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 16 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Cheers Toby slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 18

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions