cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Pay Monthly the biggest ripoff this century!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You pay for your service and the service is poor, low signal strength in many areas due to the service provider not building more masts to cover the same areas, due to the new higher frequency bands they are using.

DATA signal in my town (wrexham) is just diabolical it doesn't exist even in the town centre, if indeed it does exist then its so heavly congested through poor service provider upgrages that it might as well be none existent.

We are paying a premium price for a service that is less than substandard!!!!!!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

We have been saying more or less the samer thing for months. The network is suffering badly from mast congestion and until upgrades are complete this will continue to be an issue.

Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

We usually try to advise people to test out network payg SIM cards before choosing a new network bit unfortunately if service goes down due to masts being upgraded or repaired or suffering from mast congestion its a different story.

Like all other networks they cover themselves in their Terms and conditions.

Their has been people who have been successful in cancelling their contract as long as they returned their handset.

Complaint form is here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 3 of 18

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It's poor in many areas at the moment that are awaiting network upgrades.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was refering to the so called higher frequecy mast upgrades that have happened over the past years from 2g to 3g. The provider will have know before hand the higher frequency technology would have less coverage in a given area due to the well known physics of radio transmission..

However, it is very clear the phone provieders have not taken this on board by builing more masts to cover the same area. Instead they have settled for more bandwidth, more customers and a poorer service!!!

Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not good enough really is it, those who have poor servicve NOW are paying a premium for nothing and they are paying NOW! While O2 upgrade for the future!!!!!

Message 7 of 18

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Quite agree !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree it's a long time to wait for people who are having signal issues now. 😞

I know Tugo has its uses and I was hoping O2 would take up Calling over Wifi.
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been arguing this point with Senior Management at o2 for 18 months.

The solution is to email complaintreviewservice@o2.com for a full investigation and then if they don't offer a price reduction or to leave without penalty then you need to contact the CEO of o2 Mr Ronan Dunne.

I have been told off for posting Mr Dunne's email address on here even though a quick Google search will give it to you but let's just say if you take a first name followed by a dot followed by a surname then if you say @ and then the network operator then .com you should be ok.
Message 10 of 18