cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is O2 customer service the worst in the UK?

chrisj1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, I joined O2 in Feb as part of a package with Virgin. Since then it's been constantly a battle and nothing has been fixed.

First off they messed up migrating the number. It took several calls and they were stroppy with me for asking. Next they messed up some settings on the account meaning that 7 months later, I still can't manage my account on the app or see my bill on the web. I've lost count of the hours I've spent on the phone and the number of times one of their "customer service" people have assured me it would be fixed. Always "in 5 days," for some reason; the tech department could solve it at the time, in 30 seconds if they wanted, but they don't appear to actually do any troubleshooting.

In return for this, they put the price up within a month of us joining and have now near enough doubled it, meaning we're paying for data we don't want and don't use, and paying double the market rate for the benefit of Disney+. I would try to resolve this but without the app it's impossible. Particularly as using the web platform just redirects to the non-functioning app at every stage.

Oh, and the coverage is awful in the region I specifically asked them to check.

I've had contracts with Vodafone and Tesco. Tesco were OK, Vodafone were a living hell - but still better than O2.

TLDR: incompetent, dishonest and greedy. Are they actually the worst?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23525 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@chrisj1 If you want to lodge a formal complaint follow this link: How to Complain | Help | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 18

chrisj1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I have complained. They are truly useless. I just want out now. Edit - I want out and I want to want others to have nothing to do with them.

I never thought I'd say I'd go back to Vodafone...

Message 3 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93267 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23525 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@chrisj1 An O2 advisor has been tagged for you by @jonsie. She will be on duty tomorrow at 8 am and will send you a private message through this site. Look for the mail envelope icon at the top right of the page. If your issues don't get resolved and you still want to cancel your contract, follow this link: Cancelling your contract - An updated guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 18

chrisj1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. Of course she won't contact me. (No contact yet.) But I'll come back and edit that if she or anyone else ever does.

Message 6 of 18

chrisj1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update - just got off the phone after an hour with O2. Got passed around various people. Didn't get anywhere but have been promised a manager call-back tomorrow. I'm not going to hold my breath....

Message 7 of 18

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12367 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

As Sarah has finished for the day I'll mention the advisors working this afternoon.

@O2nath_ci @O2Ryan can you please help?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93267 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 9 of 18

andandy
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No idea what has happened to O2 but they went from arguably the best provider till about 2 years ago to the worst.

Customer service - poor 

Reception in previously good areas - poor 

Chat service - poor 

Didn't ever want to do this but also thinking of moving my 5 lines to a different provider.

Message 10 of 18