cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is MMS included in "inclusive message" allowance?

Arnold
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all.

So under "my O2" I have the following text:

Your inclusive allowance
Text messages
Picture messages
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Arnold 

Yes I agree, it is badly worded.

What it means is that MMS messages can be used to send pictures. It does not clarify if these messages are included in your allowances or not as this varies by tariff.

As I mentioned at the top, MMS are chargeable on all current tariffs but free on some legacy tariffs.

The costs, if applicable, will be displayed under your tariff details in your MyO2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Arnold 

MMS are a chargeable extra on all current tariffs.

Unless you have an old tariff where you get 25 free MMS per month?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Arnold
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What does the word in red refer to?

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Arnold 

It refers to the MMS messages

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Arnold
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

MMS messages can be used to send picture messages (sometimes called MMS) at any time

?

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Arnold 

If you send a picture in a text message it converts the standards SMS into an MMS.

An MMS or Picture Message is the same thing.

A standard text is an SMS (Short Message Service)

An MMS is a Multimedia Message Service.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Arnold
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

Thanks, I know that SMS is different to mms, I am asking about the wording in the quote above.

When they say "these" it is highly likely for one to assume they mean "Inclusive messages":

"These can be used to send picture messages (sometimes called MMS) at any time "

The word "These" should be interchangeable with whatever the word "these" refers to.

As the header of the page is "Message allowances", it is reasonable for "these" to refer to "message allowances":

"Message allowances can be used to send picture messages (sometimes called MMS) at any time "

If this is wishful thinking and the text is grammatically correct, can someone please help me to understand what O2 mean when they use the word "these"?

If you are saying "these" refers to MMS then it doesn't make sense for O2 to say "MMS can be used to send picture messages (sometimes called MMS) at any time "

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Arnold 

Yes I agree, it is badly worded.

What it means is that MMS messages can be used to send pictures. It does not clarify if these messages are included in your allowances or not as this varies by tariff.

As I mentioned at the top, MMS are chargeable on all current tariffs but free on some legacy tariffs.

The costs, if applicable, will be displayed under your tariff details in your MyO2.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8