Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Iphone upgrades......

Hi Guys,

I relaise that this question has been asked dozens of times before but i'm just looking for an upto date and accurate answer.

Can o2 discount the iphone in anyway yet?

Can o2 discount the iphone contract in anyway yet?

Can the iphone contract be reduced to 12 months?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Dan
Highlighted
Anonymous

iphone

[ Edited ]
Hi

You may be interested to read this artical i found today.

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/O2_lowers_ ... ndset.html

Regards
Highlighted
Anonymous

Iphone upgrades......

[ Edited ]
I get annoyed with all these rumours of an updated iPhone!!!!!

I wish O2 & Apple would just come out and say if there is going to be one and when. I am in a position where I am wanting to upgrade to the iPhone but am not going to if a new iPhone comes out 2 months later and if I end up paying for an iPhone now and in 2 months it will be free!!!!!

Is there any HARD evidence of a new iPhone or is it just going to be updated with 32Gb of memory like the iPod Touch?

Found this article about something:-

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10161 ... eStories.0
Highlighted
Anonymous

Iphone upgrades......

Reading that article it sounds like its gonna be a cheaper version with somethings missing......

So in that respect I don't mind getting the current iphone, what I woud like to know is if there are ANY discounts on tarrif / phone cost or contract length available?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Iphone upgrades......

With regards to O2 giving you any discount on the phone OR tariff is a certain "NO CHANCE"!!!!

I have spoken to several people at O2 and they wouldn't budge an inch on anything. The only thing you can get offered is a refurbed 8Gb iPhone for free. This is in perfect condition as has been back to Apple and had the back replaced etc and has no scratches.

O2 do not deal with the iPhone in the same way as other phones and contracts due to the exclusivity with Apple. This won't change until the exclsuive deal with O2 & Apple ends, but that won't be for at least another 5 years I bet. O2 know if you don't like it, you aren't able to go and get it else where.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Iphone upgrades......

[ Edited ]
I get annoyed with all these rumours of an updated iPhone!!!!!
I wish O2 & Apple would just come out and say if there is going to be one and when. I am in a position where I am wanting to upgrade to the iPhone but am not going to if a new iPhone comes out 2 months later and if I end up paying for an iPhone now and in 2 months it will be free!!!!!
Is there any HARD evidence of a new iPhone or is it just going to be updated with 32Gb of memory like the iPod Touch?
Found this article about something:-
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10161 ... eStories.0

As for the price of things, its the same with everything, like buying a new washing machine and then next week its £100 off, just life and sods law I suppose.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Iphone upgrades......

all we've heard in retail is that the "nre iphone" is going to be the 32gb, and as far as we know the i phone nano, is just rumour.

as for discounts, the only discounts on the iphone that I am aware of are friends and family, or affinity discounts (if you work for a company with links to o2, you might get %30 off)

as for 12 month contracts no chance! in my shop at least we dont touch 12 month upgrades on any phones
Highlighted
Anonymous

Iphone upgrades......

Thanks for that!

I can see Apple launching the 32Gb iPhone June/July time and that will be about it other than maybe the launch of the iPhone OS 3.0.

I personally don't see a new iPhone coming out until June/July 2010 and even then feel it would only be a new design to make it look slimmer and slender like they did with the iPod Touch.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Iphone upgrades......

we've been discussing this at work, and one ov the lasses i work with had an interesting idea, what about a new I phone in time for xmas, or just after when every one's iphone 3g contracts are up