cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 'upgrade'

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it just me, or does it seem that the 'upgrades' o2 offer it's pay monthly customers are not really upgrades at all?! How is it a new iphone 5s costs the same (phone and tarriff wise) for an upgrading customer and a new customer?! Surely if you've been with 02 a number of years you should actually be upgrading and receiving some sort of benefit by doing so?! Otherwise it's not an upgrade at all, just me taking out a new contract??!! Where's the upgrade?!!

Thoughts please??

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's because you're upgrading your phone. You get a new, more up to date handset, that is upgraded from your last. You are not necessarily getting a cheaper deal. It's like buying a car. You may, when you have outgrown your ford fiesta, go back to the dealer and purchase a bigger/better/higher spec focus. But, haggling skills aside, you will not necessarily get it any cheaper than the guy who is moving on from his vauxhall corsa.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
No loyalty anymore it's now "Fair deal for all".....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

What a crock of...!

Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What a crock of...!

Rofl !

Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What a crock of...!

Ask for your PAC code if your not happy with O2's way of doing business.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JBT

Have you tried an independent such as CPW for instance.

They have more scope for deals and on accessories.

Just a thought  slight_smile

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's because you're upgrading your phone. You get a new, more up to date handset, that is upgraded from your last. You are not necessarily getting a cheaper deal. It's like buying a car. You may, when you have outgrown your ford fiesta, go back to the dealer and purchase a bigger/better/higher spec focus. But, haggling skills aside, you will not necessarily get it any cheaper than the guy who is moving on from his vauxhall corsa.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny that - I asked the sales guy exactly the same thing.  Answer was "it's a new phone"... 

Message 9 of 9