Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Iphone - unable to recieve calls

Just got my iphone a couple of days ago. All is great, until my family tried to ring me, none of them could get through. I can call out, recieve/send texts, but i cannot recieve a call. Whenever someone tries to ring me, they get a constant tone, as if it is busy.
Does anyone if this is a problem with the Iphone? Iphone settings? or is it a problem that i need to take up with o2?

Thanks in advance!

Nathan Smiley Sad
Anonymous

It could be a number of things. Sim fault/phone fault/account settings. Its hard to judge. I would try doing a network reset first. Settings-general-reset-reset network settings. This will refresh the network and may resolve. If it doesnt, try your sim in another phone if you have one. If you are having the same issue, it is either an account or sim issue. If not, then your problem lies with the handset.
Anonymous

I tried it in another phone, and its the exact same problem. So that rules out the iphone having issues. So i tested abit more, and when i text someone, it then enables that person to be able to call me. This seems like a privacy setting with my account, anyone know if you can edit the privacy settings?
Anonymous

see the iPhone technical support forum on here - lots of threads on the same issue - 'fraid i have no fix yet though Smiley Sad
Topics: 293
Kudos: 1,844
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,310

I tried it in another phone, and its the exact same problem. So that rules out the iphone having issues. So i tested abit more, and when i text someone, it then enables that person to be able to call me. This seems like a privacy setting with my account, anyone know if you can edit the privacy settings?

Ring Customer service
iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

have u confirmed the number people are calling is correct (did u port your number from another provider)
if someone is calling you from a link on a text message then it would dial the "correct" number..

might be worth double checking!