Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Iphone on standard contract

Is it possible to run an iphone on your normal contract, my wife is due an upgrade but says i can get the phone but i need my number so need to keep my sim.
Anonymous

if her contract is ending soon you can just upgrade to iPhone when it comes out and keep the same number. or take out a new contract with an iPhone and a new sim card and transfer your old number onto it.
i don't really know about using iPhone on standard pat monthly plans, i'm guessing you won't be able to use the unlimited WiFi that is included with iPhone plans, so there would basically be no point in doing that.
Anonymous

I was planning on putting my standard sim into the new iphone but when i spoke to carphone warehouse they said it isn't possible but was just wondering if i could maybe add a bolt on onto my contract that will enable me to use the iphone
Anonymous

The O2 website says:
If you do not enter into and remain in an airtime agreement with O2 on one of our tariffs for iPhone, you will not be able to use the phone functionality of your iPhone.

Besides, where are planning to get you iPhone from? If you buy it on Pay & Go with O2, it comes with a free unlimited Wi-Fi Bolt-On for 12 months that you can only use if you remain on Pay & Go.

Anyway, I think that what the Carphone Warehouse meant is that you cannot just insert your old SIM into the iPhone and use it, but if you obtain your iPhone from O2 or Apple, it is gonna come with a new SIM card and you can easily transfer your old number onto it (if your contract is finished).
Anonymous

Try and explain a little better
My wifes contract is up for renewal so i was going to get her an iphone upgrade. My contract still has twelve months left. I was going to put my sim in and use the iphone and give her my phone
Anonymous

ok, so the first thing is, if you want to upgrade your wife's contract to iPhone, it can only come with an iPhone tariff

and you won't be able to use all the functionality of your iPhone with a non O2 SIM
Anonymous

My sim is an 02 sim but not an iphone sim
Anonymous

My sim is an 02 sim but not an iphone sim

It's perfectly OK to use a standard contract SIM in the iPhone, but you'll miss out on visual voicemail, call merging and possibly tethering.

However, I've never heard of someone with an iPhone tariff using that with a different handset, so I don't know what effect that would have on the services to your wifes phone (your current phone Smiley Happy)

AFAIK you can only have an iPhone tariff with an iPhone, not with any other handset.

SV