Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Iphone 7 Plus Unlocking

Hi,

I have been following the best ways to request the unlocking of my phone action. I have done this through the myo2 app, but how do you know if it has gone through as the option is still there to unlock the phone and i have had no confirmation of the request.

Appreciate your help guys.

Rhys
Topics: 534
Solutions: 11,467

Re: Iphone 7 Plus Unlocking

You'll get a response in around 72 hours, maybe less.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Hi, okay, can i still use my iphone with o2 simcard until i am told it is unlocked?

thank you btw 

Topics: 688

[ Edited ]

@AnonymousIt will be 48hrs or more https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1014131

Edited to add I'm a bit slow posting...joy

*The Game Is On*

Anonymous

Thank you. No problem. Do you know if i can still use the phone as normal untill this message comes through?

Thanks

Yes, just carry on as normal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks both 👍🏻

A pleasure Smiley Wink

Currently using:
Anonymous

Had this message, does this mean once i put a new sim card and connect to itunes its completed and do i have to do it straight away?

“O2: Nearly there. Finish off unlocking your iPhone by putting in a non-O2 sim, connect to iTunes then you're away. Find out more at www.O2.co.uk/unlockmyiphone”

It's now unlocked on Apple's servers.
It does not matter when you change sim cards as it will always be unlocked from now on.
iTunes connection isn't essential anymore but may be needed older devices.

Currently using: