cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Iphone 7 Plus Unlocking

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have been following the best ways to request the unlocking of my phone action. I have done this through the myo2 app, but how do you know if it has gone through as the option is still there to unlock the phone and i have had no confirmation of the request.

Appreciate your help guys.

Rhys
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's now unlocked on Apple's servers.
It does not matter when you change sim cards as it will always be unlocked from now on.
iTunes connection isn't essential anymore but may be needed older devices.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You'll get a response in around 72 hours, maybe less.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, okay, can i still use my iphone with o2 simcard until i am told it is unlocked?

thank you btw 

Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousIt will be 48hrs or more https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1014131

Edited to add I'm a bit slow posting...joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. No problem. Do you know if i can still use the phone as normal untill this message comes through?

Thanks
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, just carry on as normal.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks both ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
A pleasure wink

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Had this message, does this mean once i put a new sim card and connect to itunes its completed and do i have to do it straight away?

โ€œO2: Nearly there. Finish off unlocking your iPhone by putting in a non-O2 sim, connect to iTunes then you're away. Find out more at www.O2.co.uk/unlockmyiphoneโ€
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's now unlocked on Apple's servers.
It does not matter when you change sim cards as it will always be unlocked from now on.
iTunes connection isn't essential anymore but may be needed older devices.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11