cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
What would the price of the IPhone 6 be on contract? I was hoping to maybe get a £20 or £30 contract and don't want to pay anymore than £100 for the phone.

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is annoying that o2 charge £40 a month for what I get on pay as you go for £15.

If I do get a contract could I use my £36 of savings to pay for the phone or even pay part of the contract?

Message 11 of 48

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

All O2 refresh tarrifs are split into two parts. Airtime and Phone Plan. 

Essentailly its like O2 give you the phone on credit, 0%. Each month you pay part of your phone back and your airtime balance. EG a £38pm tarrif could be £20 off the phone amount owed, £18 per month for your minutes, data and texts. 

Essentially this is what all contracts are but the bonus of this. When the iPhone 6s plus something else come out in a year, and you want to upgrade, all you have to do is pay off the amount remaining off the phone. NOT the remaining months airtime payments. On a normal tarrif you would need to pay off the remaining phone balance AND the remaining months airtime payments. 

I've done this loads of times when upgrading. Its great. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 12 of 48

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Well the extra money per month has to go towards the phone you got on contract. Sadly I'm not sure about that as I'm only a O2 customer. I would call up O2 CS and ask them.
iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 13 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok thank you.
Message 14 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you've saved rewards from topping up then yes you can use that against the cost of a phone.
Message 15 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 16 of 48

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It is annoying that o2 charge £40 a month for what I get on pay as you go for £15.

But you have to buy your own phone.

The contract includes a phone payment too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd say you have some leeway negotiating a better contract over the phone especially if you have been with O2 for a number of years. They'll want to keep you as a customer and cashback websites such as quidco offer for example £100 cashback for new vodafone contracts.

I'd say you could easily knock £5/ month off a contract or agree to double your data allowance for example. Thoughts?
Message 18 of 48

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It's always worth a try but no promises, esp at the time of a new iPhone launch.
If you are looking for a deal on a 5c or 5s you have more chance than a 6.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 48

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 20 of 48