cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
What would the price of the IPhone 6 be on contract? I was hoping to maybe get a £20 or £30 contract and don't want to pay anymore than £100 for the phone.

Message 1 of 48
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

All O2 refresh tarrifs are split into two parts. Airtime and Phone Plan. 

Essentailly its like O2 give you the phone on credit, 0%. Each month you pay part of your phone back and your airtime balance. EG a £38pm tarrif could be £20 off the phone amount owed, £18 per month for your minutes, data and texts. 

Essentially this is what all contracts are but the bonus of this. When the iPhone 6s plus something else come out in a year, and you want to upgrade, all you have to do is pay off the amount remaining off the phone. NOT the remaining months airtime payments. On a normal tarrif you would need to pay off the remaining phone balance AND the remaining months airtime payments. 

I've done this loads of times when upgrading. Its great. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Sadly O2 have not announced it yet but it will more than likely be on a fresh deal. Depending on what spec phone you want will determine the price but these are some expensive items. O2 usually have a range of deals on with less upfront cost but more £ pm. 

Here is a link to some of the major carriers. 

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2014/09/where-and-when-you-can-buy-the-iphone-6/

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 2 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I was kind of hoping that I wouldn't pay anymore than £30 a month. 

For me all I need is unlimited calls and texts with maybe 5GB of data. Will the Iphone 6 be the same kind of prices that the Iphone 5s was or will it be higher? 

Message 3 of 48

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Until O2 announce it anything is just guesswork but I would imagine they won't be far removed from the previous launch although a 20gb allowance will also be available.

Message 4 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry but what were the prices then?

They have probably dropped now.
Message 5 of 48

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Link to 20GB pm on iPhone 6 and plus models

If you were to ask me with a normal phone id say they usually stay a simular price. However with the new size's i wouldn't know. 

Sadly we just need O2 to announce or someone get a leaked memo. Keep searching the net, someone always says something. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 6 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
It will be interfering to see what the handset price is on the Refresh Tariff to what they are sim free from Apple.
Message 7 of 48

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
I was thinking this too. I always look at the credit price as 99% of the time it makes more sense to go this route.
iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 8 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
What does that mean? I am an o2 pay as you go customer with an iPhone 5 so obviously I want to upgrade.

I have no idea what credit price is.
Message 9 of 48

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

With the release of a new iPhone, and the frenzy that will ensue, all the networks will have a license to print money, and tariffs will be extremely high. I think the OP would be lucky to be able to get a £30/month contract, but there wouldn't be any way he would be able to get near the amount of data he's looking for at that price.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 48