cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5s tariffs. Are there any non refresh?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently have an Iphone 4 on a £27 a month tariff which will run out shortly. I only need unlimited texts and maybe 100 minutes. Even data needs to be under 500mb.

I was looking at upgrades to a 5s and there are only refresh tariffs available, and no standard tariffs for low minute users.

Considering the lowest tariff I can find now is £42 a month (but includes unlimited minutes) thats a hell of a jump.

I know the 4 was the base model when I got the phone (the 4s was available) so i'm probably not comparing like for like, but the 5 isnt available, only the 4s and my wife wants a '5' and doesnt like the 5c so I'm stuck with getting the premium phone with premium tariff.

Unless

The iphone 5 is still available at a discount on the tariff.

or

Standard tariffs are available on the 5s which take into account usage lower than average.

or 

some other reason?

I only want to pay maximum another £5 a month (£32) and get a later iphone. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149544 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions
You can still get standard tariffs from CPW. I'm sure they are doing the 5s from £32 month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The iPhone 5 is now discontinued.

Please note O2 do offer refurb iPhone 5 phones https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phones/#brand=Apple&model=Refurb&page=1

One alternative for you both is for you to buy the iPhone 5 for your wife and the iPhone 5s for you from CEX. 

Or buy the iPhone 5s from O2 on payg or Apple and stay on your current tariff or move to a simplicity sim only tariff https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/simplicity/

If you dcide to stay on your current tariff you will need to pick up an account specific blank Nano sim {ie: Contract} from an O2 store ,and they will transfer your number and tariff to it for you {takes up to 24 hours to complete}, or have one posted to you and perform the sim swap yourself via this link http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

The blank sim cards are free.

Also look in your MyO2 to see what's available for you or ring O2 on 202 to go through what they can offer. Or alternatively visit an O2 shop or independent such as CPW.

Think about options such as do you want 3G or 4G for the iPhone 5s.

Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149544 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions
You can still get standard tariffs from CPW. I'm sure they are doing the 5s from £32 month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

Certainly is with £99 handset cost or free if you trade in your iPhone 4s or 5.

Although both phones are worth more than £99 !

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, CPW does the iPhone 5s 16gb for £32/month

Upfront cost is £99

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. Thats what I was looking for.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable