Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Iphone 3g - Iphone 3GS! What about us mislead?

Hello I am a new 02 customer and took out a contract recently after speaking to an adviser that said it was safe to take out an iphone 3g on contract as no other models will be around as an update was scheduled.

Now I have heard from an 02 advert that there is an iphone 3gS.

I personally am very upset and dissapointed in 02 for this as I would have waited for the newer model with more features that I could have made use of.

Is there going to be any upgrade option for the obviously mislead new customers to 02 that have taken an iphone 3g out on contract that were informed that no new models were to be released thus safe to take the 3g model out.

This is a matter that has lowered my view of 02 after transferring from another network.

Will a chargable upgrade be allowed as my phone is spotless as it is new!!!
Hope to hear from someone soon!?!?!
Anonymous

this is unfortunate, however if you are within your 14 daysyou can cancel are re-apply, if not then i cant see it, bare in mind you will be getting the updated OS3.0 today to bring the phones operating system up to date, however you will not have an S series on the 16gb iphone if thats the one you took out.... if it was 8gb then there is no difference.

i spoke with o2 about a month ago and there was no info released from apple about new iphones etc just the usual rumour etc on web, i think the statement from the advisor you spoke with will be they cant mislead you about the future if they are unaware and no statements have been made from Apple or O2, after all they are goverened buy the info that o2 give them to do there job......
Anonymous

Why do you even bother to reply to these posts.
Anonymous

Customer services only found out about the exact launch details the morning after the World Wide Traders Conference, so couldn't have advised you any more then they did.

As has been said, if your within your 14 days then cancel and get the new iphone, if not then you don't really have cause to have an upgrade unless you buy out of your contract, and I would seriously question if it's worth the cost.
Anonymous

this is unfortunate, however if you are within your 14 daysyou can cancel are re-apply, if not then i cant see it, bare in mind you will be getting the updated OS3.0 today to bring the phones operating system up to date, however you will not have an S series on the 16gb iphone if thats the one you took out.... if it was 8gb then there is no difference.
i spoke with o2 about a month ago and there was no info released from apple about new iphones etc just the usual rumour etc on web, i think the statement from the advisor you spoke with will be they cant mislead you about the future if they are unaware and no statements have been made from Apple or O2, after all they are goverened buy the info that o2 give them to do there job......

Quite a bit of difference in my opinion,

3G with update,
2-megapixel camera
Cut, Copy & Paste
MMS
Spotlight Search
Landscape keyboard
Voice Memos

New 3GS version,

Improved performance
3-megapixel autofocus camera
Video recording
Voice Control
Digital compass
Cut, Copy & Paste
MMS
Spotlight Search
Landscape keyboard
Voice Memos

3 megapixel camera/video recording, ETC just makes you want the 3GS version,

As said above if your past 14 days can't see you being able to change over, they just won't do it. You would probs have to buy out your contract as mentioned above.

Peppers. :womanindifferent: Smiley Indifferent
Highlighted
Anonymous

yeah 16gb and the new 32, as stated in my post, if its 16gb there a difference, if 8gb then its the same.

thanks