Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ipad Pro12.9 Inch 2020

BearrJewww
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So on the 22'nd of November 2020, I placed my order for my new iPad, At the time of ordering it stated that it was in stock and would be delivered the next working day...

Fast forward to the next morning and I was greeted by an email from o2 telling me that unfortunately it was out of stock and would be "up to" 4 weeks for delivery... 4 Weeks passed and still no iPad so I rang and checked and was told it would be more than 6 weeks for the delivery! 

In total it has now been 5 and a half weeks and I have just had another email to let me know that it's out of stock and that delivery will take longer than 6 weeks !! 

Been with o2 for nearly 12 years and never had a problem like this! By the time I get it ( If I get it ), I will have been waiting more than 3 months 😞 

Anyone else experienced problems like this? If so are there any words of reassurance as I feel like the chance of me getting the iPad is now getting slimmer with each passing week...

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@BearrJewww 

COVID restrictions are delaying the delivery of Apple products from China unfortunately.

It's the same for iPhones, with long delays for all devices.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@BearrJewww 

COVID restrictions are delaying the delivery of Apple products from China unfortunately.

It's the same for iPhones, with long delays for all devices.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

BearrJewww
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah, I see 😞 

Thanks for the reply, Can only hope things get back to normal for everyone as soon as possible! 

Kind of wishing id ordered the galaxy tab same as the wife.

Oh well, it's only a few more weeks and I'm sure I can hold out a little longer slight_smile 

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

We're all hoping "normal" will be back soon @BearrJewww thumbsup

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@BearrJewww@MI5

We are hearing (in my job I DONT WORK FOR O2) not to expect tech deliveries to be back to normal till March next year, as there is severely limited air freight into the UK, Chinese new year will also affect manufacturing of kit in China (Factories stopping at the end of January)

Shipments where kit is manufactured elsewhere in Asia is the same..

EU kit is going to be delayed into the UK by Brexit changes, and we have been told to expect price increases.

(edited to add i dont work for o2)

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

We buy a lot of stuff from China and have contingency plans in place to ensure a constant supply of parts.

It's a shame the tech industry hasn't thought ahead to do the same.

In my experience, Chinese New Year makes little difference to supply as parts are stockpiled in advance (as everyone knows it's going to happen each year).

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11994 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I work for a non tech retailer and we are struggling to get stock out of the far east.
One week we requested 300 or so containers and got... 50.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 9

I_Want_My_iPad
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My order has now been processed and is on it's way variant is iPad Pro 12.9 2020 Space Grey 128gb was ordered on 25th November

Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions