Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM card error message

TJS1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have changed from PAYG to PAYM. At the same time I changed phones from a Samsung 7 to an older Samsung phone. I was given a new number with the PAYM contract but opted to keep my old number, going through the steps on the O2 website to do so. The code was sent for me to activate the second PAYM phone a few days later and I switched it on. The PAYG phone stopped working, as expected.

The PAYM phone shows a message 'Invalid SIM card' when it turns on. I swipe it and then get a message 'SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK'.

I entered the 8 figure code sent to activate the PAYM phone and got 'Network Unlock request unsuccessful'.  I then tried the phone number PUK (also an 8 figure number) and got the same message.

I now have two phones, neither of which I can use and I cannot contact anyone with them.

What do I do?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143433 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@TJS1 

Sounds like you do.

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143433 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@TJS1 

Sounds like the old phone is hardlocked.

Put the monthly sim in your other phone and it should work in that.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

TJS1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you - I have done that and certainly the old phone appears to be working! However, I have a message saying 'SIM card not provisioned' . Do I need to activate it?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143433 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@TJS1 

Sounds like you do.

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4