Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Internet radio and data allowance

Hi all ,

quick question , would listening to internet radio on my galaxy s2 eat up my allowance ( 500meg ) being a planet rock fan i use the listen live player on their site or would it be easier to try and hook up to a free wi fi connection ?? . any advice would be appreciated Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Topics: 554
Solutions: 13,947

Re: Internet radio and data allowance

Yes, internet radio uses your data allowance. The FM radio app on your phone (default) does not so you can listen to that for free otherwise, connect on a wifi signal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks MI5 ,

I did a little digging too on the net and was asked by Leonard to put up what ive found out and hope this helps anyone with any similar enquires.

O2 wont chrarge for going over your net limit all that happens is your connection slows down .

Best thing to do is go wifi if your doing any internet surfing or as i do listen to net radio.

I found a good wifi app called wefi . It automatically finds and connects free . Another advantage is you could download skype and talk to anyone anywhere in the world for free as well . So basically if your worried about using all your data allowance just go wi fi it seems to be the answer .

hope this is helpful

All the best

Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Tone wrote: Another advantage is you could download skype and talk to anyone anywhere in the world for free as well .

Skype is not free if you call a landline number, only pc to pc.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Topics: 554
Solutions: 13,947

Skype to Skype calls on mobiles can be free to anywhere in the world as long as both phones have the Skype app installed and are connected to a wifi network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

I thought that's what I said, calls to or from a PSTN phone are chargeable using Skype.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1