cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection in Mercedes C Class

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, my car has the ability to connect to the internet through my Iphone 6  pay monthly. The car pairs with the phone using bluetooth no problem, and making and receiving calls is fine. The issue comes when i try to connect to the internet. The message is 'Data communication is temporarily unavailable'. This also happens with my work samsun phone also on O2. But with the Mercedes dealership, we got all different phones on all different networks to work with no problem. It is purely O2. Mercedes say they are not aware of anything, so i am trying so far unsuccessfully to get some thoughts or answers from O2.

Message 1 of 92
91 REPLIES 91

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Changing networks appears to be your only choice!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 81 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great 

I'll just convince work to change national contracts!

Message 82 of 92

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I know my response was a little flippant but o2 haven't addressed this issue by now so they ain't likely to I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 83 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem thanks for the response 

Message 84 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

I shall be leaving O2 shortly as I can't be bothered to wait to see if they can ever be bothered to sort themselves out! 

Wifey's iPhone with another network is happy with providing internet to the car (2016 MB GLC with COMAND), but my iPhone with O2 won't.  So I'll be moving to her network.

Message 85 of 92

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would be doing the same in all honesty. As long as your new network gives you the coverage you need at home, work and travelling areas then you are better off.

Message 86 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable
No need to change network guys. It work perfectly fine on O2
Message 87 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable
It now works fine on o2. I had a random notification to update my o2 carrier setting come through my phone recently, and after a recent update to the firmware on my comand, my internet connection works perfectly fine on O2 and my iPhone. Result!!! 😀😀😀
Message 88 of 92

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That took them long enough but good to hear they fixed it eventually!

Currently using:
Message 89 of 92

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
It now works fine on o2. I had a random notification to update my o2 carrier setting come through my phone recently, and after a recent update to the firmware on my comand, my internet connection works perfectly fine on O2 and my iPhone. Result!!! 😀😀😀

Good news, let's hope others have sucessfully connected now. Thanks for letting us know slight_smile

Message 90 of 92