cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection in Mercedes C Class

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, my car has the ability to connect to the internet through my Iphone 6  pay monthly. The car pairs with the phone using bluetooth no problem, and making and receiving calls is fine. The issue comes when i try to connect to the internet. The message is 'Data communication is temporarily unavailable'. This also happens with my work samsun phone also on O2. But with the Mercedes dealership, we got all different phones on all different networks to work with no problem. It is purely O2. Mercedes say they are not aware of anything, so i am trying so far unsuccessfully to get some thoughts or answers from O2.

Message 1 of 92
91 REPLIES 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI, on the iphone, when you switch the personnel hotspot on, it auto switches off the WIFI. I had aslo set the Samsung to never go to sleep when connected to the internet

Message 31 of 92

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Silly question, but what happens if you try with hotspot off?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost the same as with it on!!, It very quickly say no data connection available!

Message 33 of 92

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
OK, so the car is using the personal hotspot to connect to the data service?
How are you entering the passcode to enable the connection?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 34 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi it pairs via the bluetooth. So i get a pairing message and number on both the iPhone and the Car screen. I confirm both are the same on the car and the phone and then click pair on both screens. From there it is all automatic.

Message 35 of 92

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That's the bit that is confusing me about the personal hotspot as it sounds like it's bluetooth tethering which is different from the wifi hotspot sharing.

Currently using:
Message 36 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi yes its bluetooth tehering only on the iphone in the car. I am going to another Mercedes dealership today to see if they have experienced the same issue, as i cannot believe that O2 as a whole will not work with Mercedes Comand ONline, otherwise i would have thought there would be a few more complaints

Message 37 of 92

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Let us know what they say - It's a bit of a mystery.....

Currently using:
Message 38 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay neither phone would connect with their car. They say its an iPhone 6 issue, but they have no idea why the Samsung Galaxy S4 would not connect. So back to square one!

Message 39 of 92

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
The only common denominator is the merc.
That thread I posted stated something about the Mercedes having a poor Bluetooth profile setup and it needed updating.
Message 40 of 92