cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection in Mercedes C Class

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, my car has the ability to connect to the internet through my Iphone 6  pay monthly. The car pairs with the phone using bluetooth no problem, and making and receiving calls is fine. The issue comes when i try to connect to the internet. The message is 'Data communication is temporarily unavailable'. This also happens with my work samsun phone also on O2. But with the Mercedes dealership, we got all different phones on all different networks to work with no problem. It is purely O2. Mercedes say they are not aware of anything, so i am trying so far unsuccessfully to get some thoughts or answers from O2.

Message 1 of 92
91 REPLIES 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi its normally 3G and sometime 4G

Message 11 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thats through the Bluetooth as well

Message 12 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really, thats rubbish! It would explain alot of what is happening

Message 13 of 92

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
When connected, go into the bluetooth settings page and tap the cog symbol. That should bring up some options to choose from.
See if anything is relevant. It's a bit difficult without having either an iPhone or a Mercedes to hand wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

If they could that would be great as i know have an output from Mercedes diagnostics which says the internet connection could not be established due to a problem with the network provider!!

Message 15 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, yes the personnel hotspot is switched on and my data plan allows tethering

Message 16 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will try that thanks

Message 17 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also have a Samsung Galaxy S4, which will also not connect

Message 18 of 92

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I looked on my Note 4 and when connected as a premium device to my car the data is disabled. If I change it to normal data then works but I can't stream my music over the cars system then......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know how you can do that on a Samsung Galaxy S4??

Message 20 of 92