cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet blocked, very little warning, have 'Unlimited Data' bolt-on

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm about to go on holiday for two weeks abroad so thought it best to download all the app updates I've been putting off and download a few freebies to keep me entertained.

While do so this morning, I got a txt from O2 saying I'm using a lot of data.  I ignored the txt because I have the  'Unlimited Data' bolt-on.  But they've cut off my internet!  Crazy

Thank you O2 for this wonderful Christmas present, no internet.  Thankfully I'll not be needing internet while abroad but it would be handy to have some internet access (espically for satnav while in still the UK).

I tried phoning O2 on every number I could find but couldn't get passed the robots.  So I tried the online chat and after about 30mins with someone called Tush suggesting all manor for basic tests, it was clear we were going no where and Tush said to try again later!    Crazy

Anyone got any ideas (other than look for a different provider)?

Thanks,

M.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
You were the only one assuming I wasn't correct wink

Not at all. 

I don't assume. 

I was requesting official confirmation from an O2 source. 

Message 31 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
It still doesn't answer the question of "when is unlimited not unlimited".

If a product or service is advertised as unlimited it should be just that.
Message 32 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It still doesn't answer the question of "when is unlimited not unlimited".

If a product or service is advertised as unlimited it should be just that.

Very good point Nick. 

Message 33 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know but I found a page earlier from 2009 where someone had challenged an operator in this (Loadamoan) but because the FUP was listed at the bottom of the page the ASA said it was not misleading.

I really struggle to understand the ASA
Message 34 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's been reported on here a few times and now confirmed officially that 4gb triggers the FUP and it seems many of us would be better changing to a 4G tariff. I may just keep the legacy tariff though purely out of principal....plus the free text messages from abroad!

Message 35 of 37

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
and the 4:1 MMS too wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 37

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions