Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

International texts and calls- what's happening?

Hi, I've been a pay and go O2 user since October 2008. I have two questions.

1. I am not able to send any texts to Romanian mobile numbers. I have tried doing so with AND without the country codes, it doesn't work. May I mention that none of the Romanian mobile numbers work? It just says: failure to send message. Why is that?

2. Why does it take A MONTH for O2 to change your tariff plan? I have been using O2 unlimited for about 2 months now, and my boyfriend went away for a month, so last week I tried changing to 02 Your Country (I also topped my phone up afterwards)- but it won't change my tariff. Recently, I got a text saying 02 Your Country will only be activated on my phone starting April 23rd. I won't be needing it then anymore! Why does it take a month for this?

Thanks for reading this, your answers will be appreciated...as you can see, my situation is quite frustrating!

Geo
Anonymous

Hi,

1. can you ring the numbers? O2 do not support sending texts abroad there are too many things out of O2's control including the foreign network.

2. You can only change your free allowance on your aniversary date, as long as you give 72 hrs notice, if your aniversary date was the 23rd March, on that date they gave you your free allowance to use until 23rd April. If your sim didnt have any free allowance on it then it should have been 48hrs.

hope this helps.
Anonymous

Okay, I see.
I don't mean to offend you or anyone else working within the company for that matter, but I find that a tiny bit primitive. I mean back home in Romania, (and it's Eastern Europe for God's sake), every mobile phone carrier supported international texts. I mean come on, it's 2009, people are GOING TO text their friends abroad! But yes, ringing those phone numbers DOES work, to answer your question. I've been pleased with O2's services until now, but after finding this out I might just change carriers. Thank you for your answer!
Anonymous

Hey, wait a minute...I just realised that you were wrong. I've sent a bunch of texts to mobile numbers in France and Hungary, and they worked, but the ones in Romania always fail to do so. What is the deal with international texts then?
Topics: 548
Solutions: 3,428

you should be able to text Romania but you need the code +40 before the number. If the number starts with a zero, then text the number without it.I have sent texts to eastern europe, my son works in Poland, and also to Hungary and Ukraine with no problems.
Hope this helps

ps. This forum isn't manned by o2 staff, just peeps trying to help by passing on their own knowledge and experiences Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

I HAVE tried that, unfortunately...
The number I am trying to text is 0721 xxx xxx (without a prefix). I've tried it that, way and I've also tried 0040721 xxx xxx...and still nothing :'(. Hungary worked for me as well, but Romanian numbers just don't work for some reason- which is a pity because almost all my relatives are there!
Anonymous

The best way to dial from a mobile is to use +40721.....

SMS requires an agreement between the sending and receiving companies so it might mean there isn't one. Best to give O2 a call and check.