Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International fees

Yaseer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am on a monthly contract and left the UK to avoid the COVID-19 and to my dismay was charged an insane amount which was given to me in a matter of minutes of landing when i was still the plane just cause I left my data on. This is outrageous, i will not be using this service again I assure you
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Yaseer 

That's not O2's fault. Had you done a little research before you left you would have known that O2 calls to anywhere in Europe are free as long as they are within your allowance

However....

O2 Travel will charge you £4.99 per day for the countries it covers, info here: O2 TRAVEL  

O2 Travel Inclusive would give you a much better deal, though only available on certain tariffs here:

O2 TRAVEL INCLUSIVE 

Then other countries have no such allowances and charge at international rates See here : O2 INTERNATIONAL 

So advice from here, depending where you are in the world, turn data roaming and mobile data off and just use Wifi. Turn Voicemail off (unless you are in Europe) Keep in touch with friends and family via Skype, Whatsapp and Messenger over Wifi.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35909 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

Some of the International rates are eye-watering, and the warning at the end of the page about unintentional roaming whilst close to a border (eg Singapore and Malaysia) is so relevant, but not communicated when you buy a contract phone... Buyer beware, @Yaseer, sadly. 

Screenshot_20200405-100011.jpg

Message 3 of 6

Yaseer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff
Well I was never planning on using the data when I arrived. Like I said I just left my data on by accident and turned it off minutes after and then I was charged a whole £200 for that. I don’t understand why I should pay that amount for accidentally leaving your data on for 5 minutes, it can not be justified
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6971 Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Charges for out of tariff are included in the terms and conditions of your contract.
You can try calling customer services and asking them but there is no guarantee that you will get a reduction as ultimately you did use the data...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 6