cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International favourites death

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm really disappointed with the cancellation of international favourites. The only reason for me to stay with O2 was only this bolt on. after more than 2 years using it, i decided to move to pay monthly because I was really happy with O2. Now they are cancelling the bolt on, and as I have a contract I am not free to leave from O2 for searching another network providing me my needs. I have had a chat with a person at O2 which informed me that as I have a sim only contract after 6 months I can upgrade or cancel the contract. Today I had another chat and I was told that I must wait 12 months to finish the contract. I feel mistreated as a customer, misled and misinformed... I cannot be more disappointed... People giving answers on the chat are really unprofessional...
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
There's a new international calling service coming soon which is on trial at the moment.
https://www.o2.co.uk/intertrial
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
There's a new international calling service coming soon which is on trial at the moment.
https://www.o2.co.uk/intertrial

Yes though one or two posters have experienced teething troubles with it... ie they have been charged. I am sure they will look to fix this asap..It is a trial so expect some initial problems..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
I expect so....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You can end your contract at any time but you would have to pay the remaining months in full. I am actually trialling the new scheme though I haven't used it yet but I'm going to soon but only after speaking to customer service first. It might be worth hanging on. 

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for you answer, but with this new international calling service, the calls to my country will be a lot more expensive. I was using 2000 minutes per month. With this new service this will cost me £40.
Message 6 of 6