cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International bolt on

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’ve had the international bolt for years. It gave me unlimited minutes to USA for £10 a month. I was given no notice that it had ceased in November (O2 say I was sent a letter) and subsequently ran up a bill of over £2000 without realising I was doing so. My usual bill is about £50 a month. No warning was given to me that I was paying a rack rent of £1.50 a minute and incurring a huge bill. I contested it (not easy and took numerous calls) and have now been given a credit of about £1000. I am a pensioner over 70. This has caused me considerable distress over Christmas and New Year and I still can’t afford the bill, even after the credit. Anyone else been affected like this?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I hope something can be done for this gentleman. This is what I mean about customer service and care sadly lacking nowadays and someone could have looked at the account history and seen it was an international caller account and calls to the USA were regularly made. It was a nice gesture to give 50% back but would be a golden chance to spread the word about how great the O2  care is. Not too late surely?

Message 11 of 13

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I tagged from the top of my head and. I didn't remember everyone's tag I ever got Martin tag wrong haha
Message 12 of 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@jonsie Either way we'll get @Anonymous sorted out!

@liggerz87 If you get stuck tagging start typing the name after the @and it will usually auto fill some options for you to choose from. smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 13