Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Call Rates for O2 Unlimited

Killimor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am on the Pay and Go  O2 Unlimited tariff which  appears to offer international calls  from as low as 1p per minute if I ring from my mobile to an overseas landline.

I made a 5 minute call to Ireland last night and was expecting to pay 5p as indicated by the advertised call rate to Ireland   I was shocked to find that the charge was £7.43.

Are there some conditions I need to adhere to in order to get the cheap rates that O2 advertise?

Yours truly,

Killimor

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

every month before your aniversary date see the t&c here http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/international-sim-terms-and-conditions

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Killimor wrote:
mff69, thank you for your reply.

What don't understand is whether or not after the intial top-up , I can continue to get international discounts until my credit runs out or what?

I have rung Customer Service and they cannot give me a clear answer. One guy says I need to top up every month. Another guy says I need to top up every 90 days. And yet another says my account needs to send/receive a call or text within 6 months.

I do not know why I am getting so much conflicting advice.

Maybe someone can give a definitive answer.

Killimor.

Like pretty much all of the O2's discount calls, text offers on Pay & Go, a top up once a month before your anniversary date is required to continue receiving them.

See the T&C's

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/international-sim-terms-and-conditions

Message 12 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Agreed, that is my understanding too. The reference to making a call or text every 6 months is to keep the SIM alive on the network otherwise it will be disconnected....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
The reference to making a call or text every 6 months is to keep the SIM alive on the network otherwise it will be disconnected....

I agree, that is my understanding too on that fact.

Message 14 of 14