cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Bolton has two tarrifs for Canada & Pay as U go international tariff is half the cost

fm4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently had to make some urgent calls to Canada due to a family emergency. When I checked my bill for Nov it is showing £147 for two calls totalling 57 mins (Obviously I am in shock). When I contacted O2 they confirmed that this was correct but as a good will gesture they would credit my account with £50 (still no sign of that credit).

I have a few questions relating to this incident which hope someone maybe able to answer 🙂 :

1. Why is it £1.50 for an international call if you pay as you go but, £3 if you have a monthly contract.

2. Why do I receive lots of useless text messages from O2 but was not alerted to the fact that I had just made a call which cost £84 and that I should consider an international bolt on. They are always recommending I up my data package even thought I never consume my current allowance. 

3. I have subsequently purchased the international bolt on. But there are two different tariffs for Canada, does anyone know what the difference is and how I can tell which one I would pay. The Canada 1250/1867 XNT costs 25p per min and the Canada one costs 2p per min so there is quite a difference in cost.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124199 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@fm4 

As far as I'm aware, the higher cost tariff is for the Canadian Territories ie The Northwest Territories, the Yukon and Nunavut

Unless you are calling those regions, you will pay just 2p a minute.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/the-international-bolt-on 

Hope that helps?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 124199 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@fm4 

As far as I'm aware, the higher cost tariff is for the Canadian Territories ie The Northwest Territories, the Yukon and Nunavut

Unless you are calling those regions, you will pay just 2p a minute.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/the-international-bolt-on 

Hope that helps?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

fm4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Cleoriff that make sense

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@fm4 

No one here will know why.

It's just the pricing that O2 have decided for reason only known to themselves.

It has always been this way.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4