Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Bolt on

Lex_us
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I am going to Japan and have had the international bolt on added to my phone (android), I will be alternating from being on a ship which has wi-fi and going ashore .... My query is what do I need to turn off to avoid big bills when I return home

and how do I access the bolt on at the start of my trip 

How do I switch between ships wi-fi and bolt on when going ashore...

I have been told that with the bolt on you only pay for it (£6/ day) on the days you use it.

Sorry for the ignorance but this is all new to me.....

Regards

Derek

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148832 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28443 Solutions

@Lex_us 

When on the ship, put phone into airplane mode and turn on wifi.

When on land, turn off airplane mode.

It's as simple as that.

I would also advise you to turn off voicemail before leaving the UK as this can cause unnecessary charges.

Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

The travel bolt on will automatically start when your phone starts roaming and stop when you return home.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148832 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28443 Solutions

@Lex_us 

When on the ship, put phone into airplane mode and turn on wifi.

When on land, turn off airplane mode.

It's as simple as that.

I would also advise you to turn off voicemail before leaving the UK as this can cause unnecessary charges.

Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

The travel bolt on will automatically start when your phone starts roaming and stop when you return home.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2