Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Intermittent blackout of phone service due to faulty O2 mast.

No I'm afraid my comment is not incorrect as o2 customer relations said I could either leave without any penalty clauses or receive the £25 and bear with the disruption - I chose the latter.

They actually admitted that loss of service for over a week was unacceptable and therefore I was entitled to leave as they did not know themselves how long the disruption would continue.

A company can't simply say well we are not providing a service - Don't know when it will resume and expect the customer to only be reimbursed for monetary costs and hang about for normal service.

People here need to be more aware of the huge profits multi nationals are making and not take at face value all the blurb they are fed via third parties.

Highlighted
Topics: 554
Solutions: 13,955

The point being made was that you were lucky. O2 are under no obligation to allow you to leave without severance but on this occasion, for whatever reason, they made an exception.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

@Anonymous wrote:
People here need to be more aware of the huge profits multi nationals are making and not take at face value all the blurb they are fed via third parties.

Thanks for the advice, all large companies make a profit, I'll remember that! Smiley Frustrated

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

No I'm afraid my comment is not incorrect as o2 customer relations said I could either leave without any penalty clauses or receive the £25 and bear with the disruption - I chose the latter.

They actually admitted that loss of service for over a week was unacceptable and therefore I was entitled to leave as they did not know themselves how long the disruption would continue.

A company can't simply say well we are not providing a service - Don't know when it will resume and expect the customer to only be reimbursed for monetary costs and hang about for normal service.

if they said that to every customer who was affected in the july outage, they would have lost a considerable amount of money & customers then the company would be in tatters