Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone take out insurance with o2? I know you can get phone insurance through your bank and depending on your home insurance it maybe covered with that, but to insure an S5 with o2 would cost £12.50 a month which seem a hell of alot.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Insurance through your bank or home insurance, if you can arrange it, would give you better value for money than a stand alone policy just for the phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@paulbacon wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I use my bank account insurance but also have personal items on my home insurance. £12.50/month is a lot....unless of course you lose or break the phone.:smileywink:

Never broken or lost a phone in my life. Sods law now i dont have insurance i will 😛

Same here but I have broken a tablet just 6 weeks after cancelling the £4.50/month insurance with PC World....D'oh!

Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was the same until one fine day I was coming down the stairs and the phone slipped from my hands... Let's just say that he went down the stairs a bit faster than me...It was still in one piece though LOL . It was the crack in the middle of the screen that was not to my taste...that and the black smudge in the middle of the display...Smiley Frustrated

@paulbacon wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I use my bank account insurance but also have personal items on my home insurance. £12.50/month is a lot....unless of course you lose or break the phone.:smileywink:

Never broken or lost a phone in my life. Sods law now i dont have insurance i will 😛

Message 13 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@paulbacon wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Same here but I have broken a tablet just 6 weeks after cancelling the £4.50/month insurance with PC World....D'oh!

ouch....I think you were in Thailand at the time @jonsie ..so double ouch really slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 15

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

@paulbacon wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

ouch....I think you were in Thailand at the time @jonsie ..so double ouch really slight_frown

Yes because I was going for 3 months or more, I thought it a waste of money as I couldn't claim over there. Sod's law, i broke it the first night, well a drunken thai lady made 95% contribution, but it cost me £70 to repair when I got home!:smileysad:

Message 15 of 15