cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got an iPhone as a gift and for some reason I haven't got receipt and I'm unable to obtain it from the person who gave it to me. Is it possible to insure it?
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

How long have you had the iPhone ?

Is it new ?

A person has 60 days after buying it from Apple shop to add Apple care+

To insure through any online insurance company you would need to read their T&C.

If it was bought from O2 then here is their own Indurance information ->

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/insurance/mobile-insurance and http://www.o2.co.uk/help/products-and-services/o2-insurance and needs to be added within 28 days of buying the phone.

why you can't get the receipt ?

The iPhone does come with one years warranty which you can check on Apples website by inputting its serial number. More info from Apple here -> http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_Kingdom&product=iphone

With regards to extra insurance personally I choose not to add this ,but instead put some money away each month to fund either a new phone or repair.
Message 2 of 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to the forum.

You don't need a receipt in order to insure the phone.There are many companies that offer insurance and you need to look and make the choice that suits your own needs.

Personally, I am insured with my bank which offers me a very good deal with a low excess.

Best of luck with your search:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes insurance companies ask for proof of purchase on making a claim
Message 4 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

My son has made 2 claims (with different insurance companies) over 3 years and has never once been asked for proof of purchase.

My daughter in law claimed from her insurance company when her phone was stolen. Also wasn't asked for proof of purchase.......I suppose each to their own experience.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 23

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Thank you for confirming that Cleoriff, it should help the OP if the worst happens......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 23

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good informed post. I made a claim 3 years ago and didn't have to provide proof of purchase. There was however

@Cleoriff wrote:

My son has made 2 claims (with different insurance companies) over 3 years and has never once been asked for proof of purchase.

My daughter in law claimed from her insurance company when her phone was stolen. Also wasn't asked for proof of purchase.......I suppose each to their own experience.....

a £25 excess fee.

Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Which company is it?
Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I called O2 and they asked me where was it bought from but I have no idea, is their any way to check?
Message 9 of 23

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just say it was a gift and be honest about it.
There are many other options than just o2 for insurance if they aren't interested and I'm sure you aren't the first person to insure a phone bought as a gift either....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 23