cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance from O2 insure on my pay monthly phone - Terrible and Appalling service

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

I have submitted a claim to O2 insure on 17th Feb and it is 24th Feb today (7 days down the line) still no idea on whats going with the claim, absolutly appaling service from O2, first time ever i lost a handset, I thought this would be simple and straight forward and instead they (O2 insure team) have gone on silent mode and I have to make regular calls to find any update.... but unfortunattely all i get told is that the claim is with the asseement team and its in the last stages of the assessment, really ?? its been at the last stages of the assessmment for the past 4 days now....

I have in the meantime cancelled all my insurance with O2, i have 4 contracts with them for my family. They have defeinitely lost my interest in O2, not recommending O2 to anyone.... i think tesco mobile or virgin mobile probably offer better service and help you get back on ASAP unlike these idiots at O2.

Very disappointed and frustrated....after having 4 connections with O2.

Thanks,

A

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

hi,

I have submitted a claim to O2 insure on 17th Feb and it is 24th Feb today (7 days down the line) still no idea on whats going with the claim, absolutly appaling service from O2, first time ever i lost a handset, I thought this would be simple and straight forward and instead they (O2 insure team) have gone on silent mode and I have to make regular calls to find any update.... but unfortunattely all i get told is that the claim is with the asseement team and its in the last stages of the assessment, really ?? its been at the last stages of the assessmment for the past 4 days now....

I have in the meantime cancelled all my insurance with O2, i have 4 contracts with them for my family. They have defeinitely lost my interest in O2, not recommending O2 to anyone.... i think tesco mobile or virgin mobile probably offer better service and help you get back on ASAP unlike these idiots at O2.

Very disappointed and frustrated....after having 4 connections with O2.

Thanks,

A

I had third party insurance elsewhere who took much longer than the 4 days you mentioned. I would hold fire a few more days and if you are still unsatisfied get in touch with the o2 Insurance team as we're only o2 customers on here and have no access to customer accounts etc.

Message 2 of 11

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Most insurers will take around 7 - 10 working days to run your claim though, so the 4/5 working days that have passed so far as not too bad.

By all means keep chasing though.
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

just a quick note to anyone looking to buy out insurance from O2 - think twice or thrice, you are better off taking the insurance from your bank other third party insurance providers as O2 insure are pretty mucha 3rd party themselves and O2 customer services cannot do anything to help (thei customers) who go through all the frustration... just have to waittttt and waittt....thats all..

I have managed to find out 3rd party insurers who guarantee delivery of any lost claims within 48 hours of reporting and on all 98% claims (even if you report it on Saturday you will have handset delivered on a Sunday) - how cool is that ?

Bloody O2 insure is poor and absolutely waste of money and time....

Message 4 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Sometimes we see quick turnarounds by the insurance company. It depends if they have phones in stock or have to wait for suppliers.

Message 5 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23129 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

They aren't going to go out of their way for you if you've cancelled all your other insurance policies with them. There are many third party policies that are much cheaper than what O2 offers. Some banks also offer mobile phone insurance, and many home contents insurance policies cover mobiles.

I presume you've also reported the loss to customer service to stop anyone using the phone and also to the police?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123040 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I have my mobile insured with my Building Society. Its an excellent policy. Luckily I haven't had to use it yet but a friend of mine has and they paid out within 10 days.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I hope to God the op didn't cancel ALL their insurance (including this one) or they have just done themselves out a replacement
Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Hopefully not but I'm sure thye OP will receive his phone in the next few days.

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144548 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Waste of money anyway IMO.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 11