cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance Replacement - Old Model sent as replacement.

ZiPpY
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I hope someone can help me, I purchased a Galaxy Note 9 when it was released and unfortunately just before lockdown in March my phone got damaged and the screen was cracked.  I claimed on the insurance and received a replacement handset but have noticed now that this handset has a number of differences to the original, most noticably the replacemt is LTE and not 4g like the first one and also every time I switch on the phone I get a notification saying 'New Service Provider' and when I select it it says 'To use your new service providers apps you will need to factory reset your device'.  The device has been factory reset several times now to try and fix this but nothing seems to work.  Have I been sent an older or refurbished model of the handset? as I know LTE is not 4G and does not get near the speeds and also what can I do in order to get this issue rectified as am unable to contact CS due to lockdown they are only dealing with serious issues.  Could someone please let me know how I can go about getting in touch with O2 and the insurance via email at least so the issue can be logged even if it can't be dealt with straigh away as the phone works but I feel like i've been downgraded through no fault of my own and would like a handset comparable to the one I originally purchased.

Thank you

Steve.

ZIPpY
Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@ZiPpY 

LTE is 4g but if you want it replaced you need to call customer service Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@ZiPpY 

LTE is 4g but if you want it replaced you need to call customer service Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2