Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance Nightmare

Tracey84
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

11 days ago I dropped my phone and cracked the screen, I was told at the time my phone was out of stock but that I could expect one to be in in around 3-5 days but if not I would get a call offering me alternatives.

I have had no phone calls at all, only automated emails telling me they will contact me once my phone or an alternative comes into stock. I phoned myself for an update and wasn't able to get any information. He couldn't tell me how long I would be expected to wait, my place on the waitlist or how long on average customers are waiting. He did very kindly offer to raise a complaint for me though.

Today I got another automated email so decided to phone back. The woman on the phone found 1 alternative phone in stock but by the time she went through all the forms it was gone. She did tell me that there is an issue with samsung phones at the minute and they can't get parts to fix the reconditioned ones that they will be sending to customers so there is nothing available. 

Apparently a manager will phone me back on Monday but I will see if that happens. I just can't believe how ridiculous this situation is. Nobody can give me any information about anything, I asked if I should just phone back every day on the off chance that a phone becomes available and the agent manages to push it through on time and that's up to me if I want to do that but that she was really surprised today that there was 1 alternative samsung showing in stock

Basically I am now in a situation where I know absolutely nothing and nobody is able to tell me anything. As it stands I am in a contract until June and don't know if I will even have a phone before then. What an absolute shambles! I have no idea where else I can turn and what else I can do about this situation 😥

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

If your's was just a cracked screen I can't see why the screen was not just replaced.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

Tracey84
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They said I could pay £60 for a screen replacement or £90 for a new phone. The £90 sounded like a better deal, I'm regretting that decision now and I have since learned it will be a reconditioned phone anyway. 

Message 3 of 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5688 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Tracey84 

Depending on the terms of your insurance, you could consider asking them to make you an offer for the market value of your 'phone at the time that you dropped it. 

Any offer might not be what you are looking for, but it would potentially allow you to purchase a new handset and effectively start again. As @Enlli says, it does seem to be a curious position that you have ended up in. And I suspect that what you now want is finality. 

Alternatively, you could ask them if their £90 offer is still available to you. That might or might not be a good deal depending on what reconditioned 'phone is on offer and what handset you have returned to them. 

Please let us know how you get on.  

Message 4 of 5

Tracey84
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am returning a Samsung S21 to them and it's either that or an S22 that they will send to me. Unfortunately both are out of stock just now with nobody I have spoken to having any idea when they will actually be able to do so.

Hopefully the manager will be able to come up with some sort of solution on Monday or at least have some information for me. I will let you know how I get on. 

Message 5 of 5