Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inexplicable data usage messages

KWall
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got message from O2 Business on 14th Feb to say I had used 80% of my data, followed by a 100% message on the 15th even though I had turned off data. Told reset date was 7tj Mar (yesterday). Turned data on but received a message at 10.25am saying I had used 80%, followed by a message at 11.45am saying 100% used. I have never had an issue before and I actually use data far less than I ever did, as I am at home using WiFi majority of time. In any case I am not a heavy user generally. Help please.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@KWall 

Check the data use in your phone settings to see what's using it, but you'll need to call O2 on 8002 for any specific account related issues.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

KWall
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5. I will ring that number 

Message 3 of 5

VK1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI 

I have the same issue. Have you been able to resolve it? 

I've been on the phone to O2 for over three hours today!

Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7497 Posts
  • 142 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@VK1 

If you are addressing that question to @KWall, it needs tagging thus. However, the thread is over three months' old and @KWall has not been online on this forum since 8 March 2024. Hence, I would not hold my breath waiting for a reply. 

A couple of suggestions for you to try in the meantime :-

1. close all of the apps on your mobile and just re-open them as you need them. Keep an eye open for when you data is used, as one troublesome app might be the issue.

2. have a look in your 'phone's Settings to establish which apps are using your data. On a Samsung Galaxy, this is in Settings > Connections > Data Usage > Mobile Data Usage. 

3. make sure that your WiFi is working properly and is switched on. If your WiFi cuts-out, your handset will reconnect to mobile data, which could be the cause of your problem.      

Message 5 of 5