cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increased data usage

Anonymous
Not applicable
The past two months I've used up all my data but have not used my phone any more than I usually do so I do not understand y I have such an increase in data usage recently!! Contacted O2 a few times and got different responses each time... Not very comforting!! Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas y this is happening?
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
If everyone one across the spectrum were having such issues with data usage I'd more than agree.

However that's not the case.

I know I'm not.
Message 21 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Plenty are and it's not just O2 either.
I know you are going to be all defensive of Apple but if you read EE's and Voda's forum you see it there too.
It has to be a setting that is set by default by the software and surely Apple know what that is - Maybe it's all that data going to the Govt agencies wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Defensive.. who me.... Never slight_smile

I've read from users posts on other forums and on Apple Discussions.

Theirs people staying they are affected and people saying their not.

If users are saying this then how is the manufacturer supposed to pin point the possible issue.

I'm asking this because as a customer I've personally no idea.

We can only talk from our own experiences and from what people are saying is happening to them ,and try to make a balanced opinion from that.

😞
Message 23 of 29

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
how is the manufacturer supposed to pin point the possible issue.

By demonstrating thier elite customer service capabilities and properly reaserching the issue with those effected rather than just denying there is a problem Smiley Frustrated

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's interesting.

Have they actually denied their is a problem ?

Can you link in that info if you have it to hand please MI5.
Message 25 of 29

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're splitting hairs now.
This has been going on for 2 years and it is still been reported.
You will know more than I do what Apple's response is as you frequent the forums, but there are plenty of threads on here where customers have been advised to get their phones checked out by Apple who tell then nothing is wrong with them.
We don't see the same complaints from Android, BB or Windows users so by process of elimination it HAS to be Apple........

Currently using:
Message 26 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was kinda hoping for something officially from Apple to be honest I could have then followed up with to Apple Feedback support. 😞
Message 27 of 29

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Type this into Google and you'll find plenty to discuss with Apple support:
iphone high data usage site:discussions.apple.com

Currently using:
Message 28 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Lol the power of android! Thanks for all your responses!

@@Anonymous  glad you found the info useful slight_smile

Please remember to return to your discussion to mark a post as your solution if you found one!

Message 29 of 29