cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increased airtime bill... any chance of increasing data to something reasonable?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had a text to say my air-time bill is increasing... I guess the mobile companioes have got to recoup the losses incurred by the outlawing of the Roaming charges that were ripping us off on for years.

Wondering if there's any chance of a decent data allowance increase too?

I pay £24 (soon to be £25) a month for a deal including 500mb data which, given the tariffs available from other operators, is pathetic.

O2 appear to have gone down the Sky route of brilliant deals to attract new customers while they treat their existing customer base with contempt. All backed up with a miserable experience whenever you need to contact their Customer Services dept.

I was a Sky customer for 11 years before their prices and atrocious service finally sent me running to BT, who I've now been happily with for 2 and 1/2 years, and I am counting down the 5 months left until I can end a 10 year relationship with O2 for the same reasons.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yours is about the 10th post today on this.
You agreed to the yearly rpi price increase when you took the contract http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions
All networks do it so none are any better than the other.
https://www.o2.co.uk/prices
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yours is about the 10th post today on this.
You agreed to the yearly rpi price increase when you took the contract http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions
All networks do it so none are any better than the other.
https://www.o2.co.uk/prices
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can’t end a contract for this reason when o2 are in their rights & this in your t&c. They won’t increase the data to coincide with this. If the data is not suitable then you need to either buy a bolt on or upgrade to a tariff more suitable 

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

The price increase was only part of my post... and title

And only one aspect of my disatisfaction with O2, stemming largely from their shockingly inept Customer Services.

Additionally, O2 state that the increase is 'in line with the 4% level mof inflation' when inflation hasn't been at 4% for over 6 years! It's exactly this kind of either (a) deliberately misleading or (b) incompetence that I refer to.

I've swapped my son's contract from O2 to BT and I have experienced a vast difference in the service levels of the two companies. I will be leaving O2 as soon as my contract ends in July after having been with them for 10 years.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or, if the data is uncompetitive and poor, then I can take my business elsewhere.

Which I shall.

Roll on July!

Message 5 of 9

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions

You know EE (owned by BT) have just put their price up by 4.1% too.

Mibbes the networks know something about RPI we don't?

ewan

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Rpi is what is stated and what is applied.
Whether you agree with it as a measure is immaterial.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I think that generally, all the mobile phone providers are a much of a muchness. The cost of a monthly tariff shouldn't be what determines which network you use anyway. It should be determined by the coverage you get in the places you frequent the most. No point in a cheaper tariff if you can't get a signal.

I also have a feeling that come this time next year, the subject of roaming will come back into play. The UK will no longer be subject to EU directives, and I'm sure that will include roaming charges, so steel yourselves for those increases too.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousYou can calculate your increase on here Retail Price Index

It happens on every mobile network in April each year

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket