cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase in Tariff Just after signing

Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed for a pay monthly contract less than a month ago and have now been told that I will have an increase in my tariff. The tariff was an offer and no way would I have signed for it, if I had known it would increase, less than a month later. When I have asked on the help chat line, I have had the contract quoted at me and answered with O2 telling me I should have read the smallprint. I thought those days were over and that retailers were acting fairly. I am going to seek further advice.

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous It will be the Retail price increase. All in the terms and conditions and happens every year.

All explained here RPI

Edited to add....I have had mine today. All customers will be getting emails to explain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous It will be the Retail price increase. All in the terms and conditions and happens every year.

All explained here RPI

Edited to add....I have had mine today. All customers will be getting emails to explain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All covered in the T&C’s which you signed up to when taking the contract.
http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions
You will find the increase is only pennies though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous This is all covered in the t&c which you agreed to & this would have been explained at sign up. O2 are in their rights here. The increase will only be a few pennies nothing to worry about 

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
What rubbish, no valid customer would accept this when they have just signed a new contract. Clearly you not an ordinary customer
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

No way a normal customer would agree to this, just having negotiated a new contract. So YOU are wrong

Message 6 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousSorry you are wrong. We are all customers like yourself and we will all be seeing this increase in our tariffs...As said it happens every year to every customer whatever network you are on. Please read the link I provided in my first post

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 19

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Check EE, Voda and Three if you don’t believe us.
You really should take notice of what you are agreeing to when signing legal contracts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The link I posted will enable you to calculate the increase you will be paying...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually @Anonymous it is explained to you at the sign up as part of agreeing to the contract so I’m not wrong as it’s explained to me each time I upgrade & it’s on the computer screen they show you 

Message 10 of 19