cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrectly charged for cancelled sim only (w/in 14 days) and 'debt' sold to debt collection company

anonposter
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Took out a sim only contract in September time, cancelled within 14 day cooling off period. Was then charged for next 2 months and received a bill for £95 (in November time). Contacted o2 and they said it was an error on their part and I didn't owe anything, was told to cancel the direct debit and they would issue a refund for the 2 months I was charged. I never received the refund. In January I get a letter from a debt collection company saying I owe o2 ~£60 (£95 minus the refund I never received). Multiple calls to o2 (at least 6 times) in an attempt to resolve this, that they'll do a 'write off reversal' with the debt collection company and pay me the refund (ongoing since late Jan/early Feb). Still no refund and the debt is still showing on the debt collecters website.

Where do I go from here? Keep having false promises from o2, this has been going on for 4 months now and I'm still out of pocket with the stress of a debt hanging over me I don't even owe. 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12374 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

You can try raising a complaint @anonposter

Using the Resolver option seems to work.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

anonposter
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to add, I've spoken to both the customer service department and payment management regarding this

Message 2 of 7

gmarkj
  • 12374 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

You can try raising a complaint @anonposter

Using the Resolver option seems to work.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 7

Verbalherman
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

Sadly I'm having the same problem.

It's been going on for 8 months.

Did you ever get your issue resolved ?

Message 4 of 7

Enlli
  • 7122 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

@Verbalherman 

@anonposter Posted 15 months ago. Don't know if they will still be around 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 7

Verbalherman
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know ,  I want to if they managed to get the matter resolved.

I'm 8 months in and still no further along.

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7615 Posts
  • 145 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Verbalherman 

What we are trying to say is that @anonposter joined this forum on 1 March 2023, made the two posts above and has not logged into this site since :-

Oxonian_0-1719688757381.png

We understand that you want to establish if they got their problem resolved ; what we are saying is that it is highly unlikely that they will see your post. 👍   

Message 7 of 7