cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect recycling

Anonymous
Not applicable
My sister in law spitefully handed in my sons phone that I bought him for recycling. How can I get it back. The shop, 02 web and 02 recycling are all passing the buck
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

wrote:
You need to make a complaint as that is not the correct process.
Something not right here at all
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Totally agree @MI5. I am presuming that the person who sent it for recycling was the one who would have been contacted with the offer and was the one who made the decision regarding what to do with it.

The system needs to be tightened up. Do O2 ask for proof of purchase when they take phones for recycling?

It appears not. I also doubt we have heard the full story of this debacle.:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 18

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Who’s got the money?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

wrote:
Who’s got the money?

Not the OP, who bought the phone for his son.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 18

jonsie
  • 93214 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions
Certainly something needs to be done, a complaint the least of it. It beggars belief that something like this can happen without verification of ownership. Can this be fed back @Martin-O2 @Marjo
Message 14 of 18

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous sorry to hear about what you've gone through with the phone and O2 Recycle.

Thanks for the tag @jonsie.

Assuming that the correct process was followed as they mentioned to you when you called - in a nutshell from the T&Cs (see the part about How The Contract Is Formed Between You And Us😞 If the device didn’t belong to them and was taken, and possibly if the person passed themselves off as the account holder, then it may go into the areas of theft & fraud.

Message 15 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

wrote:

Hi @Anonymous sorry to hear about what you've gone through with the phone and O2 Recycle.

Thanks for the tag @jonsie.

Assuming that the correct process was followed as they mentioned to you when you called - in a nutshell from the T&Cs (see the part about How The Contract Is Formed Between You And Us😞 If the device didn’t belong to them and was taken, and possibly if the person passed themselves off as the account holder, then it may go into the areas of theft & fraud.

That's just what I thought @Marjo. Hopefully @Anonymous can now take this further. It certainly seems as if fraud was committed Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 18

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Obviously if it ain’t yours it’s theft!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 18

jonsie
  • 93214 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Most definitely theft and a police matter, nothing O2 can really do unless the fraud team get involved which is most unlikely.

Message 18 of 18