cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect phone sent out from upgrade order!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Some advice please if possible. I called on Tuesday and ordered an upgrade phone, i was enquiring about the 4s but was advised I could have a 5 for the same price. I agreed to this, order was processed incorrect and a 4s has arrived. I called customer service yesterday and was advised nothing they can do until they get the phone back. As it was supplied from Car Phone Warehouse at o2 request to take it back to them. I will be doing this tonight. This leaves me out of contract again. As you can imagine im a bit peeved at the inconvenience and incompetance! I had to go up to an Iphone contract at £36 a month which they will already be billing.

My question is when I have taken the phone back tonight what is the best way of getting my complaint resolved. I have drafted an e-mail etc etc but wonder if i would be better calling and speaking to someone. As lets face it o2 should at least come up with a better deal on the 5 for me for seeing as I have had the aggravation. In your experience peeps what should I do?

Thanks Kelly

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 will check to see whether they ordered an iPhone 4S or an iPhone 5. If they ordered a 4S they will apologise and probably offer you something as a goodwill gesture - at most a month's line rental.

If they ordered you an iPhone 5 then they're not at fault, Carphone Warehouse are. If this is the case, they probably won't offer any compensation as the issue isn't their fault.

Just depends on what the circumstances are really.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 will check to see whether they ordered an iPhone 4S or an iPhone 5. If they ordered a 4S they will apologise and probably offer you something as a goodwill gesture - at most a month's line rental.

If they ordered you an iPhone 5 then they're not at fault, Carphone Warehouse are. If this is the case, they probably won't offer any compensation as the issue isn't their fault.

Just depends on what the circumstances are really.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply, lady I spoke to yesterday admitted it was there fault as had been ordered incorrectly by them! 😞

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
In that case you could ask them to compensate you. Strictly speaking you haven't lost out financially, just a bit of inconvenience in having to return/swap.

Try to be realistic with your expectations when asking for compensation - I doubt very much they'd discount the phone (don't think they're allowed to) but might offer you something off your next bill or even a free accessory?
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for your response. Heres a question, so I go into the shop today and take it back. I take it then that CPW advise o2 they have it back? Does this happen straight away or am I going to encounter delays waiting for them to get around to it?

Thanks

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I would think their systems would have to catch up and show that the 4s is back in their possession.

Ask about upgrading in store and you possibly could walk out with an iPhone 5.
Message 6 of 6