Incorrect default notice

j28ayne
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I hope someone can help. 

I had a contract with o2 for an Apple iPhone and an Apple Watch. On September 5th I paid the termination fee for the phone and confirmed to a customer service agent that I would like to keep the Apple Watch account open which he told me was not a problem. 

I have since been informed that an Apple Watch account cannot remain open once the iPhone contract is terminated meaning that subsequently, o2 cancelled my monthly direct debit for the remaining amount due on the Apple Watch credit agreement. I was unaware of the cancellation as the customer service agent had given different information and I have now received a notice of default due to non-payment of the total outstanding balance. 

I am therefore left, incorrectly, with a default notice on my credit file because:

1. A customer service agent gave me incorrect information to begin with

2. My payment arrangement was cancelled by o2

3. There was no attempt made to contact me to make payment (which I would not have had an issue with!)

I would like for this default notice to be removed from my credit file as incorrect and I really hope someone here is able to help with pointing me in the right direction or able to assist. 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@j28ayne 

You need to email creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com and explain the situation although the T&C's do state that if you terminate the phone part the watch must also be paid off at the same time.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@j28ayne 

You need to email creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com and explain the situation although the T&C's do state that if you terminate the phone part the watch must also be paid off at the same time.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

j28ayne
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 

That's helpful and good to know now but whilst I appreciate that the T&Cs may state that, an o2 agent gave contradictory information and if the correct information had been given, I would have paid in full at the time.

Thank you for the referral email. I would however also like to speak to someone so I am hoping there is either an o2 rep who can help or point me towards one who can?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@j28ayne CFR are not customer facing so you cannot talk to them.

You can call customer service but they won't be able to help with default notices.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4