Did you mean: 

Incorrect Default

DarrenNPT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone would be able to help me please? see below.

I used to have a pay monthly plan with 02 between 2015 to 2017, I had a few problems with my contract with the way I was treated and money being taken out of my account when It shouldn’t have been, I wrote to your compliant department to rectify all the issues I had on the 26/01/2017.

It waited nearly 3 months (05/04/2017) for a letter off 02 complaints department ( this is appalling standards. usually it's between 7-14 working days not 3 months!), within the letter 02 agreed with me that the way I had been treated wasn’t up to standard and therefore they squashed the remaining balance on my account and I was told by an 02 complaints handler that this wouldn’t affect my credit score and If anything appeared on the credit score it would/should be removed.

Now fast forward 3 years later, I am now trying to apply for a mortgage but when going through a full credit check this has flagged up as a default on my credit score with no balance outstanding. The reason I never saw this earlier is because I never had to get a full report from a credit broker (Experian). I have emailed the credit file referal team to remove this off my credit score. As I said above this shouldn’t be on there after 02 agreed to wipe the account. But I've had no response, I contacted Experian again to liaise with the credit file referal team to sort this issue out. The credit file referal team responed to Experian within a day with the response of: " default satisfied as of 06/04/2017 with nil balance and default will remain for six years from date of default". I have contated the credit file referal again to dispute this issue because how can they justify to default me 1 day after winning my dispute against them? it doesn't make any sense to me and they won't reply to any of my emails. could someone please help or send me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Darren

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123174 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@O2Lisa @O2Daniel or @O2Ryan 

Can you help @DarrenNPT with this issue please?

@DarrenNPT  Edited to add, the three people I have tagged are account advisors who work with us on the forum. I'm sure one of them will be able to help. thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

DarrenNPT
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff 

Thank you for getting in touch with me and putting me through to the right people.

When I've contacted 02 account advisor by phone they've never been able to access my account, they can see my account is there but when trying to access the account nothing comes up. I went around a few departments on the phone and someone from the payments department said this isn't unusual due to the account being so old. Will the people you mentioned still be able to help with this issue even though I have spoken to account advisors already from 02? as you can imagaine it has been a stressful time going around in the same circle.

Thank you for your help!

Darren

Message 3 of 5

O2Daniel
  • 67 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thank you for the tag @Cleoriff 

@DarrenNPT i will private message you now slight_smile

signature
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff