cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Default AGAIN - Already lost one property about to lose another!

Pollyjean2019
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Last May O2 applied an incorrect default to my credit report.  After a very painful process of trying to get in touch with someone to resolve it, it was finally removed but I lost out on the house I was trying to buy as a result of not having my mortgage in place.

I am now in the process of trying to purchase a new property and just been refused my mortgage AGAIN.  Turns out O2 re-applied the incorrect default to my credit report in November - no idea why.

I have emailed the person who helped me last year who has confirmed it is a mistake and will have it investigated but I have been given no timescales and they have not replied to any of my emails looking for an update.  I have called the payments team who havent helped, I have tweeted - that has made no difference. I have now made a complaint to the Ombudsman too.

I am now in the situation where I may lose another property because of this mistake.  I cant actually the incompetence and the compelte lack of urgency in trying to resolve it for me.  Can anyone suggest another route of actually being able to speak to a human being who can help with this before I lose another house!?

thanks Paula

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Pollyjean2019 

All you can do is email them I'm afraid.

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

@Pollyjean2019

I sympathise with you on this. 

It might also be worth putting on a Notice of Correction on your credit report and explaining the situation to the bank / broker who you are applying for a mortgage with.

https://debtcamel.co.uk/notice-correction-credit-record/

As at the moment its taking up between 7 and 60 days to remove defaults, and some one somewhere in o2 will have disagreed with the person you emailed to have it put back on your credit report.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3