Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Re: Incorrect Billing (Data) - any suggestions?

Mike, this exactly what I was talking about. Northerner is getting them free because he will be on the current version of the bolt on which has been configured to include it. That's why I suggested asking them to update your bolt on.
Anonymous

Makes sense I guess - sorry for not keeping up, head's in bits from trying to get about a thousand parts of a new ERP system in place all at the same time!!
Anonymous

I have a similar problem now. My current bill at the moment is £16 more than it should be due to data charges, even though I am meant to have a £5 bolt on which would give me unlimited internet. Instead, i'm being charged £1 a day to use the internet once accessed, something they didn't tell me when I phoned CS about a tariff issue- which they messed up themselves in the first place.
I'm not on Blackberry but thought I'd post my reply as I hadn't seen much of them before. A very disgruntled customer will be calling them later on today.
Anonymous

Yours is a different matter, your not on the wrong bolt on. If you are being charged £1 per day it is totally absent.
What have you changed that means you don't have data any more? Did you ask for a different bolt on such as o2 calls?
Basically, if you did then the charges you are getting are down to your own request as you cannot have data and another bolt on at the same time. However if you didn't do this, or f you were advised wrongly, o2 will reapply the data bolt on and refund the charges.
Let me know what happens. Try to give as many details as you are comfortable with and I might even be able to advise you what to say.
Anonymous

Ok thank you, I didn't realise that.
I called o2 in November asking to increase my call allowance on my tariff due to going over my minutes, they said the new tariff would start on my next bill. Within half an hour I called them back asking to cancel the change and go back to my previous tariff (The one I was currently on) because we found a cheaper solution to the calls (Previous tariff was 500 mins, unlimited texts and free internet- may have been a bolt on but basically I could use it as much as I wanted and wasn't charged more for £35). Sorry if that's a bit confusing.
They said it wasn't a problem and they would cancel the change of tariff so I would remain on the £35 one, they told me it was exactly the same as before and just reminded me what it included. As far as I was aware, I could carry on using the internet as much as I wanted and didn't think I was going to be charged £1 a day when I was using it.
I spoke to an advisor online and they explained the £1 a day data charge, so at the moment I haven't used the internet since. I just need to phone them and ask why it was changed and I wasn't informed, hence only asking them now 2 months (ish) on.
Hope this isn't too confusing, but thanks for your help.
Anonymous

Not at all, the only 500 min tariff I can think of is the blackberry tariff, but you may have been on an older tariff and this might be the root of the problem, there are two possibilities I can see;
1 they were not able to put back on the same tariff as before as it no longer exists so you are on the newest equivalent but this doesn't include data
Or
2,they have changed you back to the original but data was a bolt on that needed to be added separately and the advisor didn't realise
If I was you I would simply call up, refer back to this request and change of heart and ask why you no longer have inclusive data. The advisor should quickly find the cause and offer some sort of rectification, reinstating the bolt on would be expected, but also ask them to recalculate you data charges since the error occurred so you can get the charges back, they would credit these to your next bill if an error is found. Some people are wary of advisors admitting a mistake was made, but there's no need to be. These guys are only employees, not shareholders Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

Ok then, will do. Thanks a lot for your help. Smiley Happy I will see how I get on.
Anonymous

Well I've just spoken to the CRS, and it's all worked out. We don't know the root cause, but he was able to identify that I was using my BB throughout the period in question, and agreed to refund the data charges that were applied during that period. There was talk about the APNs in use, but we weren't able to figure out the underlying reason. Which is really, really annoying, to say the least.
Anyway, O2 CRS have resolved this. Big up to Chris @ the CRS for sorting this out, and being a thoroughly pleasant chap as well, it's nice to talk to a human being rather than a call centre op who's had all individuality beaten out!
Thanks for any and all suggestions in the meantime.
Mike