Did you mean: 

Incoming calls going straight to voicemail

Sundaze
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

I've been with O2 with the same phone number for 25 years (PAYG). 

Last September I signed up for a £10 pm 18m sim only deal, and keeping my number, as I was happy with my relatively new Huawei P Smart handset.

About a month ago an incoming call went straight to voicemail. The handset was Infront of me, so I was perplexed, but thought no more of it. 

Subsequently, 9 out of 10 calls are now doing this too.

I have tried the following, to no avail:

Rebooting the phone, turned Bluetooth off, checked do not disturb, checked call forwarding/call barring, tried to turn off voicemail itself-however it says to contact the service provider. I've done so 3 times, and they say they have/will, but haven't. The sim has been tried in another handset and another Sim tried in mine, with exactly the same outcome. Dropping to 3g didn't help either.

I've been in discussions with Customer Complaints....3 weeks on and 4 sim card changes, nothing has changed. I've also had my line disconnected for an hour.

I have now twice given to Gurus, who have called me (on my partners phone!) a list of of dates, times and phone numbers of the call/callers involved, via a text to 21336. I haven't had any feed back from that either..

Any ideas what the problem is?

Any advice welcomed, thanks.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sundaze Hi, have you tried calling 1760 to turn voicemail off (Automated service)? 

Message 2 of 19

Sundaze
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, yes, I've tried that, plus I also tried ##002#. No luck 😞

Message 3 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

D|isable wifi calling and then dial 1760

You can then enable it you wish

I would try without voicemail for a few days

Message 4 of 19

Sundaze
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi @jonsie

Thanks,

I don't have WiFi calling, and voicemail will not allow itself to be turned off...by me, O2 shop colleagues, online help, customer services...and I tried the 1760 suggestion...today 2 out of 6 calls went straight to VM... 😞
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sundaze Does this still happen if you use another phone - By putting your SIM in another phone?

Message 6 of 19

Sundaze
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks. Yes, it happens when the sim is put into another phone. O2 shop colleague tried that.
The sim was changed just incase (well, 02 have over the course of the last month sent/given me 4!), but the fault still remains..
Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sundaze Hi, if you've tried with another phone and with different SIM's then the only thing it can be is a problem with your number/account. Tbh it just sounds bizzare, If it were me - I would just start with a new number. It seems your number is just bugged and if O2 can't reset to normal then you need to start again, I'm sorry to say. 

Message 8 of 19

Sundaze
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi @Anonymous

Thanks again. This is my worst case scenario. I honestly didn't want to change number after having it for 25 years 😞

I'm thinking that a new number will somehow get corrupted too...
One of the attempts to help solve this was to give me a new number, then port the old number to piggy back off the new number. The fault remained...as I'm an existing customer, I have a fear, that even having a new number, if the fault lies in the account, I'll still have the fault.

Thanks again.. apologies if I'm talking nonsense, I'm a true technophobe!
Message 9 of 19

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Have you tried putting a call divert on to another number and then cancelling it?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 19