Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming callers dont hear ringing.

Number_3
Level 3: Thinker
  • 53 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

HI, Since I changed my business number over to a consumer account have been having an issue were people are surprised I pick up the phone, as it wasn’t ringing their end.

Anyone else had an issue like this ?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Number_3 

I occasionally get that when I call someone.

Never thought much of it other than that they must have picked up quickly?

I guess if this happens on every call, regardless of your location, you could try a sim swap in case there is something funny going on with your sim card or give customer services a call on 202 to see if they can see anything on your account that doesn't look right.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Number_3 please let us know if the sim swap resolves your issue. If not we'll see what else we can do to help. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 7

Number_3
Level 3: Thinker
  • 53 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Martin-O2 @MI5 

Thanks both.

Have read , somewhere, cant find the page again, that this might be caused by wifi calling? am going to test this out when home, see if it happens only when reciving calls via wifi.

If not ill request a new SIM and see what that does.

Message 4 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No problem @Number_3! Give us an update once you've tested the wifi calling/sim swap and if you're still having issues we'll see what we can do. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 7

Number_3
  • 53 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi@Martin-O2 

this is still an ongoing issue, reported it back in September with CS and all i get are random system generated texts saying engineers are looking into the problem.

Ref is :IN000003677368

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 6 of 7

adhigadu
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
guys i have the same problem i can confirm this issue exists only when wifi calling is turned on if i turn off the wifi calling it works perfectly fine.
Message 7 of 7