cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inclusive minutes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The query I have is this: for a pay monthly O2 tariff with inclusive minutes, how are the minutes calculated? For example, if I made a call for 1 min 2 sec, would that be counted as a 2-minute call? A recent enquiry to O2 suggested that this was the case.

However, a friend's 'My Device' web page for his pay monthly contract shows the remaining inclusive minutes in the format '364:21'. This appears to be 364 mins and 21 seconds, and suggests that time is clocked by the second, not rounded up to the nearest minute.

Any clarification on this would be appreciated.

Martin

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Per minute billing

This change affects UK calls to UK landlines and mobiles (including video calls). Instead of charging our customers a one minute minimum for these calls (and then by the second for any call lasting more than a minute), we will round all calls up to the nearest minute. This means that:

A call lasting less than 1 minute will continue to be rounded up to, and charged as 1 minute. There will be no change in this scenario.
However, a call lasting more than a minute will be treated differently. For example, whereas in the past a call lasting 1m 21s would've been billed as 1m 21s, it will now be billed at 2m.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Per minute billing

This change affects UK calls to UK landlines and mobiles (including video calls). Instead of charging our customers a one minute minimum for these calls (and then by the second for any call lasting more than a minute), we will round all calls up to the nearest minute. This means that:

A call lasting less than 1 minute will continue to be rounded up to, and charged as 1 minute. There will be no change in this scenario.
However, a call lasting more than a minute will be treated differently. For example, whereas in the past a call lasting 1m 21s would've been billed as 1m 21s, it will now be billed at 2m.
Message 2 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
T&C's here http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all

Martin

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Most welcome.

slight_smile
Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No problem slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 14

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Other networks have moved away from per second billing too. 3 have been doing it for a while. Seems a step backwards to me although in this day and age of unlimited talk plans it shouldn't matter a great deal either way

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree davethorp Unless your ringing a number not included in ones inclusive minutes.
Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I agree davethorp Unless your ringing a number not included in ones inclusive minutes.

Best to use apps such as the "SayNo" ones to avoid those kinds of calls.......

Currently using:
Message 10 of 14